A lot of us tend to overlook property maintenance tasks or postpone them for later. If you fail to clean, inspect and tidy up your home routinely, you may end up spending thousands of dollars on home repairs.
You could either get your gloves on and DIY or hire property maintenance experts for the job.
The experts have an advantage because they have the necessary tools and products to do a professional job. They are highly skilled and they will work as a team, getting your home or office fixed in hardly any time.
Today we’ve put together a checklist to remind you of the maintenance tasks that you need to have taken care of.
Home or Office Maintenance Checklist
Device and Appliances
- Inspect the fire extinguisher. Replace it if necessary.
- Replace the batteries on your smoke alarm detector.
- Install weather stripping to prevent rainwater from entering the home or office.
- Call in the professionals to inspect your air conditioning/heating system. They may have to clean out the vents.
- Also, ask the professionals to inspect and test the gas heaters and electrical appliances.
Kitchens and Bathrooms
- Have the bathroom deep cleaned monthly – especially the grout in showers
- Make sure the sinks and drain holes are free from debris
- Clean the in-sink food waste disposal
- Inspect the oven range hood after every two months and keep it free from grease
- Inspect the taps and the toilet for any leaks
- Examine the caulking in the bathroom in the area around the bathtub and the shower. Replace the caulking when necessary.
The Great Outdoors
- When spring arrives, check the roof for loose or missing tiles. Also, examine the flashing, fascia, and eaves for signs of deterioration.
- Clean the deck and seal it, if required.
- Inspect the fly-screens and replace them if they look damaged
- Clean out the gutters and check the downpipes
- Inspect the external drainage system
- Check the fence and gate, and have repairs done if necessary
- Have the house pressure-cleaned once a year. Pressure cleaning will get rid of chipping paint, stains, and mildew
- Examine the doors and windows
- Clean out the garage and get rid of unwanted items
- Have wheelie bins cleaned so they don’t breed bacteria
Around the Garden
- Spruce up your garden, with new flowering plants.
- Weed the garden and fertilise the soil.
- Trim around the hedges and unwanted small tree branches.
- Repot plants and get rid of clutter lying around your garden.
- Tend to your lawn and landscaping, if required.
We Do The Hard Work So You Don’t Have To!
Spring is an excellent time to attend to your maintenance checklist. Next month we share all the tips and tricks for maximising your home’s value. Here’s one for free – maintain the front of your property for curb appeal!
We offer a broad range of home or office maintenance services including garden care, decking and cleaning. Whether you need gutter cleaning, garage cleaning or exterior drain inspections, we can help. We’ll increase the value of your property by routinely inspecting and maintaining it.
Give us a call on (03) 8751 2266 or jump on the website for a FREE quote!